[OpenStack-docs] [training-guides] Team meeting reminder

Ildiko Vancsa ildiko.vancsa at gmail.com
Wed Aug 17 21:51:32 UTC 2016

Hi All,

As we agreed on the meeting I would like to start a follow-up mail thread to decide on tasks and next steps.

As a reminder here’s the etherpad that holds the current status, plans and feedback from the Austin training: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/upstream-university-improvements

We have three main topics, which are the content and format of the training, the tooling around the administrational tasks and the development environment for the hands-on parts of the training.

Content and format

* We decided this Monday to concentrate purely on updating the content for Barcelona and skip to update and/or rethink the tooling that creates the slides
* Next steps:
	* Identify parts we would like to keep and update them (in progress)
	* Identify parts and modules that we want to include and need new content
	* Decide about the format (how much to use PBL, excercises, modules, etc.)
	* Define tasks from the list of items
	* Find assignees

Tooling for administration

* Plans are already outlined on the etherpad
* Next steps
	* Decide about the end goal
	* Define tasks and time plan
	* Find assignees
* We can also run one or a few meetings with who’s interested as the tool planned and should be good for the mentoring program as well for instance

Development environment

* We decided on the meeting to go with the idea of having a VM that runs on the students’ laptops and use public cloud instances as a backup option
* We have an offer from DreamCompute to help us out with public cloud access for those who need it
* A script is already ready to put together the VM image: https://github.com/kmARC/openstack-training-virtual-environment

We also plan to have a remote content sprint. We need to define the tasks we need to do in order to be able to set up the goals for this sprint and be efficient and productive. It would be a great way of getting some or maybe all of the content work done for example if we have enough participants. The ideal time would be early September which should give us enough time to finish whatever has left for Barcelona still in time. The preferred length would be 3 days.

The meeting log from Monday can be found here: http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/training_guides/2016/training_guides.2016-08-15-17.00.log.html

Please share your thoughts and questions with the summary above. Also please feel free to complement if I missed anything.

Thanks and Best Regards,
Ildikó