[OpenStack-docs] openstackdocstheme problems

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Wed Oct 14 12:32:42 UTC 2015

Hi,

As I've been trying to rebuild the install-guide in my own laptop, and
that I never use virtualenv / pip / and this kind of (IMO ugly) tools,
I've done a bit of packaging work for the documentation project. And
I've identify a major issue in openstackdocstheme.

First of all, a minor problem. This package should really be called
sphinx-openstackdocs-theme and not openstackdocstheme, to keep the
sphinx theme naming scheme.

Then, and that's the grave issue, it contains minified javascript and
.css files without sources:

./original-design/js/bootstrap.min.js
./original-design/js/bootstrap-hover-dropdown.min.js
./original-design/css/font-awesome.min.css
./original-design/css/bootstrap.min.css
./openstackdocstheme/theme/openstackdocs/static/js/bootstrap.min.js
./openstackdocstheme/theme/openstackdocs/static/css/bootstrap.min.css

In every OpenStack downstream distribution (including Red Hat, Debian,
Ubuntu...), this makes the whole package non-free.

I've attempted to file a bug against the openstackdocstheme in
launchpad, but I couldn't do that, as the project doesn't seem to exist
there. So where can I file such a bug?

Also, could someone take care of removing these minified objects? I
don't think embedding things already available from XStatic packages is
a good idea either, it'd be really nice if files from these modules
could be reused.

Your thoughts?

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)