[OpenStack-docs] [install-guide] SUSE testing for Liberty

Christian Berendt christian at berendt.io
Tue Oct 13 20:01:07 UTC 2015

On 10/13/2015 02:53 PM, Matt Kassawara wrote:
> Pranav,
>
> OS images as in... particular versions of SUSE?

I think it is not a good idea to track the name of image files in our
guide. It should be sufficient to note that the guide was written for
(e.g.) openSUSE 13.2 and SLES 12.

Maybe it makes sense to add a paragraph to "Environment" to let the
reader verify the used distrubtion (cat /etc/os-release).

> I usually wait until someone else tests a patch and/or it merges prior
> to updating the matrix with a positive mark. Also, the SUSE patches do
> not address some services such as cinder that require configuration
> changes to make them work at all with Liberty.

We are currently testing SUSE based distributions again. I hope that we
can complete the openSUSE tests tomorrow. I will send an update tomorrow.

Christian.

--
Christian Berendt
Cloud Solution Architect