[OpenStack-docs] [install-guide] status of Debian

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Tue Oct 13 12:46:06 UTC 2015

On 10/12/2015 03:59 PM, Karin Levenstein wrote:
> On 10/12/15, 5:13 AM, "Christian Berendt" <christian at berendt.io> wrote:
>

>> Hello everybody.
>>
>> What is the current status of
>> http://specs.openstack.org/openstack/docs-specs/specs/liberty/installguide
>> -liberty-debian.html
>> ?
>
> This patch needs to be rebased and updated, for one thing:
>
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/215105/
>
> It hasn't been touched in a while.

Well, comments like the one from Matt aren't helping at all. If we don't
recognize and accept the differences that there are between Debian and
other operating systems, I don't see how it can be done.

I *do not* want to re-live what happen with Matt just being so harsh and
destroying the Debian documentation effort which happen in the beginning
of this year. I am ok to work on bugs *if* they are actionable and
constructive. Let's do one baby step after another.

I have rebased the above patch. Could we have at least this patch
approved, so we could move forward with the rest of the guide? If there
is still improvements to be done on that same chapter, feel free to open
a bug just right after the patch is accepted.

As I have finished packaging Liberty, like after each cycle, I do have
time to work on this myself. I am motivated to do it, but I need support
from the doc team and some +2 fast to make it happen.

Also, yes, we maybe shouldn't re-add the Debian docs in the front page
at docs.openstack.org right away now, but could we at least re-add the
automatic generation of docs, even on a not advertised page? This would
help me a lot.

Thoughts anyone?

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)