[OpenStack-docs] external reference in RST and translation

Akihiro Motoki amotoki at gmail.com
Fri Nov 27 16:04:40 UTC 2015

Hi,

It is about RST formatting and translation, again.

I had a trouble in translating the following type of external references.
The following style is used especially when  the same reference is
used multiple times.

In this case, translators MUST keep an original label, in this case 'User guide'
in English even if there is more appropriate string in each language.
If translators translate such strings, we will get a broken external link.

I don't have a good solution on this other than keep original strings at now.

Any suggestions?

(http://docs.openstack.org/contributor-guide/rst-conv/refs.html#external-references)
----
Here is an external web link separated from its definition:
 This paragraph contains the link to `User guide`_.

 .. format the link definition at the end of the file as follows:
 .. _`User guide`: http://docs.openstack.org/user-guide/

----

Thanks,
Akihiro