[OpenStack-docs] OpenStack Training labs - VirtualBox vs KVM

Roger Luethi rl at patchworkscience.org
Mon Nov 23 20:00:04 UTC 2015

I had a chance to take my chances with CentOS today. Here are my notes,
starting from a fresh CentOS minimal install (same release as yours):

As root:
# yum groupinstall "Server with GUI"
# yum groupinstall "Development Tools"
# yum install kernel-devel
# cd /etc/yum.repos.d/
# wget http://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/rpm/rhel/virtualbox.repo
# yum install VirtualBox-5.0

As regular user:
$ git clone git://git.openstack.org/openstack/training-labs
$ cd training-labs/labs/osbash
$ ./osbash -b cluster
$ PROVIDER=virtualbox tools/test-once.sh scripts/test/launch_instance.sh

Tests passed. Looks like you just had some bad luck. It seems to work fine
on CentOS.

Roger