[OpenStack-docs] Improving tables for RST guides

Olga Gusarenko ogusarenko at mirantis.com
Tue Nov 17 09:45:26 UTC 2015

Hi to all!

The list tables formatting is included in the Contributor guide. See
http://docs.openstack.org/contributor-guide/rst-conv/tables.html
for the details.

Best,
Olga

On Mon, Nov 16, 2015 at 12:24 AM, Meg McRoberts <dreidellhasa at yahoo.com>
wrote:

> Yeah, RST tables suck.  I'm finding that using list-table is a lot easier
> and
> at least allows me to specify the column widths.  For example:
>
> .. list-table::
>   :widths: 25 25 50
>   :header-rows: 1
>
> Gives three columns; each of the first two columns consume 25% of the page
> width and the third column consumes the remaining 50%.
>
> Andreas told me about list-tables to solve the line length problems in the
> source files but I'm finding they solve other problems as well.

Best regards,
Olga Gusarenko

Technical Writer | Mirantis, Kharkiv | 38, Lenin av., Kharkiv, Ukraine
ogusarenko at mirantis.com | skype: gusarenko.olga | +38 (050) 843-14-25