[OpenStack-docs] Conditionals and RST

Andreas Jaeger aj at suse.com
Tue Nov 10 18:40:05 UTC 2015

Conditionals in RST are very fragile, let's avoid them ;)

Since we have to use them, I ask everybody that sends in changes using
conditionals - or that reviews them - to review *all* versions of the
generated guides and check that the conditionals do the right thing.
Breaking a change into a few smaller patches might be appropriate
instead of a very large one that is difficult to review.

Background: We're currently reverting a distro specific patch for the
Install Guide that broke the display for all other versions. Let's be
really careful with these kind of patches.

        HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)