[OpenStack-docs] Debian moving to Keystone API v3: delaying my install-guide contribution

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Tue Nov 3 10:01:31 UTC 2015

On 11/02/2015 05:00 PM, Thomas Goirand wrote:
> Hi there!
>
> As per the plan I wrote about earlier, I'm slowly switching Debian to
> use the Keystone API v3, to make the packages closer to the
> install-guide. I already have Keystone itself working, and I have tested
> Glance. None of this work is yet sent to Git, as I prefer to test
> everything at once before going further.

FYI, I have completed this, and all packages are now using Keystone API
v3 to register endpoints. Keystone itself also registers itself into
itself using v3 too (if asked to do so, that is...).

However, this delays the upload of Liberty into jessie-backports, as it
will take at least 5 days for all server packages to migrate to Debian
Testing if no new RC bug appear. It is forbidden to upload to Debian
stable-backports before a package reaches Debian Testing.

I'm now working on updating the Debian install-guide, going through all
the guide and fixing things one by one.

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)