[OpenStack-docs] Versioning of networking guide

Andreas Jaeger aj at suse.com
Mon Nov 2 16:12:50 UTC 2015

On 11/02/2015 04:01 PM, Matt Kassawara wrote:
> Development of the Networking (neutron) project moves at a rapid pace
> that often requires mandatory or significant configuration changes to
> deploy the same architecture for each release. Furthermore, new releases
> sometimes support additional architectures not available in previous
> releases (e.g., DVR). Operators, our primary audience for the networking
> guide, often choose to deploy or continue to operate older releases.
> Although much of the operational theory remains relatively static, the
> current continuous-release process leaves a rather significant
> information void for operators who want to use the deployment scenario
> content for older releases. We should consider implementing versioning
> of the networking guide (similar to the installation guide and
> configuration reference) to increase appeal and usability of the content
> for operators.

So far we had two or three changes - if I remember right - during the
last months that implemented new functionality. For these I asked during
review to add a note that documented when this was introduced/changed.

I prefer to do less backporting, so not creating a branch ;) But that's
something we can change anytime. I agree that we need to handle this
situation - either as Matt proposes or as suggested above,

        HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)