[OpenStack-docs] Versioning of networking guide

Matt Kassawara mkassawara at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 15:01:33 UTC 2015

Development of the Networking (neutron) project moves at a rapid pace that
often requires mandatory or significant configuration changes to deploy the
same architecture for each release. Furthermore, new releases sometimes
support additional architectures not available in previous releases (e.g.,
DVR). Operators, our primary audience for the networking guide, often
choose to deploy or continue to operate older releases. Although much of
the operational theory remains relatively static, the current
continuous-release process leaves a rather significant information void for
operators who want to use the deployment scenario content for older
releases. We should consider implementing versioning of the networking
guide (similar to the installation guide and configuration reference) to
increase appeal and usability of the content for operators.