[OpenStack-docs] Style Question for Project Names

Lana Brindley openstack at lanabrindley.com
Sun May 31 23:12:39 UTC 2015

Here are my current thoughts on initcaps for project names:

Personally, I would probably prefer upper case for the project name.
*However*:

* As Anne said, we really shouldn't be using the project names at all,
('Image service' instead of 'Glance', etc) so writing them out is often
a better option than arguing about capitalisation.
* It's much simpler to always lowercase, rather than have to remember,
explain, and understand a series of exceptions.
* Lowercase has been in force for some time now, and changing it will be
a massive amount of work. I'd rather we spend that time on something
useful, like the RST conversion, or improving the doc.

(Incidentally, I don't personally like the sentence-case headings,
either, but have rolled with it for more or less the same reasons).