[OpenStack-docs] Admin Guide versioning

Anne Gentle annegentle at justwriteclick.com
Fri May 29 14:49:07 UTC 2015

On Fri, May 29, 2015 at 9:39 AM, Ildikó Váncsa <ildiko.vancsa at ericsson.com>
wrote:

> Hi Andreas,
>
> How long do we support Icehouse?

We follow the release distinctions noted here:

https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Releases

That page indicates that in October, when M is released, Icehouse will be
End-Of-Life.

> I also wonder how much effort it is to remove the specifics of the
> release, which is not supported anymore from these guides? Maybe not that
> much if this aspect is considered, when the guide is written, but I don't
> have the experience yet with this.

It's not too much work but depends on how it's written, if it's buried in
text that has to be revised to make sense. Yes, it's a bit of work, but
generally we find the trade-offs to hit the right balance. If you have a
specific section or concept you want us to analyze, feel free to bring it
up here.

> Ildikó

Anne Gentle
annegentle at justwriteclick.com