[OpenStack-docs] Admin Guide versioning

Lana Brindley openstack at lanabrindley.com
Thu May 28 01:06:38 UTC 2015

Generally, it's as simple as writing "in the [release name] release ..."
(or similar). It seems to me as though that's what the Ceilometer
content is currently doing, though.

To be frank, it seems as though versioning is not an issue for the rest
of the book, and I'm hesitant to change the whole book to suit
ceilometer. I think we need to consider either moving this content
elsewhere (that *is* versioned), or moving it into the /developer repo
so that it can be updated and maintained there.

What do others think?

Lana

On 27/05/15 18:19, Ildikó Váncsa wrote:
> Hi Lana,
>
> I wouldn't move the content to the Config Reference just because it is versioned. I think that all the architectural description of Ceilometer and also the list of collected meters belong to the Admin Guide as opposed to the Config Reference.
>
> How other components handle the situation that the Admin Guide is on master, but the information that is needed is one or two releases behind? I mean that in deployments usually older releases are used as opposed to trunk or latest stable.
>
> Best Regards,
> Ildikó

- --
Lana Brindley