[OpenStack-docs] deprecation/future of "OpenStack Operations Guide"

Lana Brindley openstack at lanabrindley.com
Wed May 27 23:47:45 UTC 2015

At Summit, we agreed that the Ops Guide is generally loved, but also
that it probably needs a refresh. The only other issue around this doc
was that the upgrades section probably needs to be removed, although we
hadn't decided on a location for that information.

I agree with Anne that we shouldn't treat the book sprint books as
second class citizens. For now, there is quite a lot of work planned for
the Arch Guide, with a two-day docs swarm happening in August to
concentrate on information architecture.

I also agree with Nick that the two books serve two quite different
functions, so merging them is not a great idea.

Shilla, if you're willing to head up a docs speciality team to look
after the Ops Guide, then that's a great idea! Is there a chance you
could also take on the Arch Guide?

Lana