[OpenStack-docs] Renaming Virtual Machine Image Guide

Christian Berendt christian at berendt.io
Wed May 27 06:43:02 UTC 2015

On 05/23/2015 03:45 PM, Anne Gentle wrote:
> Based on the discussion, sounds like it should become a chapter in the
> larger admin guide.

At the moment I am not sure about this guide at all. Do we have to
provide it on our own to have a complete documentation?

The guide explains how to create images that can be used on top of
OpenStack. I think those guides should be written and provided by the
distributions itself.

It is a lot of work to maintain "Chapter 5. Create images manually" and
at the moment nobody is doing that. Most of the distribution specific
guides are out of date (e.g. CentOS 6.4 instead of 6.6 or 7.1, Fedora 20
instead of 22) and the content differs in the overall quality.

I think all other chapters can be included in a subsection in the
"OpenStack Admin User Guide".

Christian.

--
Christian Berendt