[OpenStack-docs] Install for Oxygen

Anne Gentle annegentle at justwriteclick.com
Thu May 21 21:12:38 UTC 2015

Hi Randy,
Sorry about that! That particular file is for Oxygen, but doesn't seem to
be downloadable from the wiki. The original idea is that we all use similar
defaults so that comparison diffs in gerrit are (slightly) easier to read.
I've deleted the wiki section you found that in, and instead described the
common options file in
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Documentation/HowTo#Editor_Options

"To get some standard settings, visit http://docs.rackspace.com/oxygen/ and
download the Global Options File and import it into Oxygen."

On Thu, May 21, 2015 at 3:56 PM, <Randy_Perryman at dell.com> wrote:

> *Dell - Internal Use - Confidential *
>
> The default.xpr link on the page
> https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Documentation/HowTo#Edit_OpenStack_RST_and.2For_DocBook_documentation
> does not go to a recognized file.  Does someone have the correct one?
>

> Oxygen and the Rackbook Framework
>
> Due to Rackspace maintaining Oxygen tools that make authoring DocBook and
> WADL easier, we can offer a Rackbook framework. You can run directly from
> http://docs.rackspace.com/oxygen/. You will need to add a valid Oxygen
> license to use the application.
>
> Alternatively, download the oxygen-frameworks.zip
> <http://feline.thingbag.net/oxygen-frameworks.zip> file. Next, download
> the following file to your system: defaults.xpr
> <http://wiki.openstack.org/Documentation/HowTo?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=defaults.xpr>.
> Extract the oxygen-frameworks.zip file to ~/Library/Preferences (i.e. so
> you end up with
> /Users/your.username/Library/Preferences/com.oxygenxml.author). In Oxygen,
> go to Options->Import Global Options. Navigate to the downloaded
> defaults.xpr file and click Open.You should see a new bar of buttons and a
> Rackbook menu item.
>

> --Randy

Anne Gentle
annegentle at justwriteclick.com