[OpenStack-docs] "logical" vs "conceptual" architecture of Openstack - what does it mean?

Christian Berendt christian at berendt.io
Tue May 5 05:56:17 UTC 2015

On 05/05/2015 03:55 AM, Adam Lawson wrote:
> Is there a template that was used? Pretty sure those were created by Ken
> Pepple art back in the day but I'd happy to update them with a nice
> Visio diagram 2d or iso.

The logical architecture graphic was created 2 years ago by Ken Pepple.

http://docs.openstack.org/admin-guide-cloud/content/figures/2/figures/openstack-arch-havana-logical-v1.jpg

I think it would be nice to use the same design for
openstack-arch-havana-logical-v1.jpg like for
openstack_havana_conceptual_arch.png.

http://docs.openstack.org/admin-guide-cloud/content/figures/1/figures/openstack_havana_conceptual_arch.png

The source for openstack_havana_conceptual_arch.png should be available
in the following archive:

https://github.com/openstack/openstack-manuals/blob/master/doc/common/figures/openstack-arch-havana-v1.graffle.zip

It looks like we do not have the sources for the file
https://github.com/openstack/openstack-manuals/blob/master/doc/common/figures/openstack-arch-havana-logical-v1.jpg.

I think that the second graphic (conceptual) has to be extented (Havana
ist out of date) and the first graphic (logical) has to be reworked.

HTH, Christian.

--
Christian Berendt
Cloud Solution Architect