[OpenStack-docs] Qeustions about openstack-auto-commands

Andreas Jaeger aj at suse.com
Fri May 1 16:45:48 UTC 2015

On 05/01/2015 05:30 PM, Christian Berendt wrote:
> I am reworking openstack-auto-commands at the moment and have a few
> questions.
>
> 1. Why do we blacklist several commands?
>
> At least it should be documented why we blacklisted the following commands:
>
> Ceilometer:
>
> https://github.com/openstack/openstack-doc-tools/blob/master/os_doc_tools/commands.py#L544

the command is deprecated, run it with help and check the output.

> Heat:
>
> https://github.com/openstack/openstack-doc-tools/blob/master/os_doc_tools/commands.py#L554-L556
similar here.

> Nova;
>
> https://github.com/openstack/openstack-doc-tools/blob/master/os_doc_tools/commands.py#L569
>

> Trove:
>
> https://github.com/openstack/openstack-doc-tools/blob/master/os_doc_tools/commands.py#L583

I didn't check all of them but AFAIR all are deprecated and there are
replacements for them.

Care to send a patch after double checking?

> 2. Why do we document trove-manage
> (https://github.com/openstack/openstack-doc-tools/blob/master/os_doc_tools/commands.py#L584-L591)
> but not nova-manage or glance-manage?

Nobody saw the need for it and implemented it,

    GF: Felix Imendörffer, Jane Smithard, Jennifer Guild, Dilip Upmanyu,
        Graham Norton, HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)