[OpenStack-docs] [install-guides] mariadb/mysql for opensuse

Christian Berendt christian at berendt.io
Fri May 1 15:17:39 UTC 2015

On 05/01/2015 05:10 PM, Pranav Salunke wrote:
> I do not get the required results by editing the following configuration
> file: |/etc/my.cnf.d/mariadb_openstack.cnf|
>
> What works for me is /etc/my.cnf as per the traditional method. Does
> someone know why this has been changed?

This was changed with https://review.openstack.org/#/c/172635.

It was changed because of: "Where available, use the /etc/mysql/conf.d
directory for additional database configuration."

If this is not working for SUSE based distributions with have to revert
the change in line 37
(https://review.openstack.org/#/c/172635/3/doc/install-guide/section_basics-database.xml).

Christian.

--