[OpenStack-docs] Feedback on osbash from workshops [training-guides]

Sayali Lunkad sayali.92720 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 18:22:52 UTC 2015

Hello,

We recently conducted some workshops for OpenStack in India using the labs
scripts in training-guides. Here are some of the frequent errors we
encountered. SInce Pranav and Vigneshvar were also present at the workshop
it would be nice to have you'll adding to this too in case I missed
anything.

   - *Host not found while launching an instance.* (happens very frequently
   when they try  to launch the instance for the first time). It normally gets
   resolved by restarting the compute node or increasing the RAM for compute
   and then restarting it. I am not sure why this should happen only on some
   machines though even thought the configuration of  the machines was the
   same.
   - *HTTP 500 errors*. This is notices frequently after a using the CLI
   for sometime. After running a few CLI commands this error shows up.
   - *Cluster breaks at horizon repeatedly about 4 times. *As spotted
   earlier there is a race while osbash tried to setup horizon. It is found
   that this could be a problem with apache2 server when you start it for the
   first time. But the root cause is unknown. We should take a look at this as
   it is happening frequently.
   - *Cluster breaks while setting up Nova compute. *The second time the
   cluster breaks is while setting up nova compute. On checking the logs it is
   shows that it is unable to fetch some archives. But again I don't see why
   it would only break at nova compute if it was a problem with the connection.
   - *VMs do not poweroff automatically on windows host. *Bug has been
   filed for this by one of the attendees.
   https://bugs.launchpad.net/openstack-training-guides/+bug/1435932

Regards,
Sayali.