[OpenStack-docs] [legal-discuss] docs licenses: current state and desired state

Anne Gentle annegentle at justwriteclick.com
Thu Mar 26 02:59:09 UTC 2015

On Wed, Mar 25, 2015 at 6:35 PM, Jeremy Stanley <fungi at yuggoth.org> wrote:

> On 2015-03-25 15:25:20 +0000 (+0000), Jeremy Stanley wrote:
> > On 2015-03-24 21:17:59 -0500 (-0500), Anne Gentle wrote:
> > > Yep, all guides except contributor guides and one of the API
> > > guides has license information on each page. This series of output
> > > pages: http://docs.openstack.org/infra/manual/ does not, but it
> > > can be added. That would be another task I can take on if we
> > > consider it a requirement.
> >
> > I plan on taking care of that anyway, since I noticed that most of
> > our Sphinx-based documentation on ci.openstack.org,
> > security.openstack.org, governance.openstack.org and so on is also
> > lacking this. It's basically a matter of double-checking the
> > licenses expressed in the source repository for each and then
> > reflecting/linking that in the copyright variable in
> > doc/source/conf.py to make sure it shows up in the rendered footers.
>
> Trying with something like https://review.openstack.org/167799 to
> see if that's tolerable... much more and I think the footer gets
> pretty overwhelming.

Thanks for the help Jeremy!

I just found this text in a footer and kind of like it for our purposes.
What do you think?

Except as otherwise noted, the content of this page is licensed under the
Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License, and code samples are licensed
under the Apache 2.0 License.

Might be a lot of text for the Infra Manual, and I'm not sure if you have
enough code samples to matter? I'll play around with it a bit.

> Jeremy Stanley

Anne Gentle
annegentle at justwriteclick.com