[OpenStack-docs] Fwd: OpenStack Networking API documentation...

Matt Kassawara mkassawara at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 16:52:09 UTC 2015

Posting to openstack-docs mailing list.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Paul Michali (pcm) <pcm at cisco.com>
Date: Thu, Mar 19, 2015 at 11:48 AM
Subject: Re: OpenStack Networking API documentation...
To: "Elke Vorheis -X (evorheis - TRILYON INC at Cisco)" <evorheis at cisco.com>,
"nchase at mirantis.com" <nchase at mirantis.com>, "Matt Kassawara (
mkassawara at gmail.com)" <mkassawara at gmail.com>
Cc: Sumit Naiksatam <sumitnaiksatam at gmail.com>, "Brian Bowen (brbowen)" <
brbowen at cisco.com>, "Patrick Amor (pamor)" <pamor at cisco.com>, "Sridar
Kandaswamy (skandasw)" <skandasw at cisco.com>

 Just a follow-up… I emailed openstack-dev mailing list in the community,
hoping someone replies. I didn’t get any responses when trying on the
documentation IRC (several times).

 I have the JSON files for VPNaaS  pulled in, and I took the LBaaS XML
section and cloned it to make a VPNaaS one. Now, there is a LBaaS WADL
file, and I have the XML file for VPN that has similar content and need to
do the conversion.

 I *could* take my text editor and try to manually build the VPNaaS WADL
file, using the LBaaS one as a guide, but before I go to those lengths, I’d
like to know if there is an easier way (some tool, semi-automated method,
whatever) to do this.

 I tried to generate-sources, after just creating the XML section for
VPNaaS, with it still referencing the LBaaS WADL, and Maven gave an error
and failed the build.

 In addition, the WADL file has some namespace(?) entries at the top, and I
have no knowledge of how to fill that out.

 Any advice/guidance/pointers, before I get to far in converting this stuff?

   PCM (Paul Michali)

 MAIL …..…. pcm at cisco.com
IRC ……..… pc_m (irc.freenode.com)
TW ………... @pmichali
GPG Key … 4525ECC253E31A83
Fingerprint .. 307A 96BB 1A4C D2C7 931D 8D2D 4525 ECC2 53E3 1A83

 On Mar 18, 2015, at 1:16 PM, Elke Vorheis -X (evorheis - TRILYON INC at