[OpenStack-docs] Results from installation of OpenStack on Debian

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Sat Mar 14 00:36:57 UTC 2015

On 03/13/2015 10:51 PM, Thomas Goirand wrote:
> On 03/13/2015 03:32 AM, Anne Gentle wrote:
>> I do acknowledge your concerns, absolutely. If you or Alex could come up
>> with a plan that mitigates both my lack of knowledge
>
> A few ideas:
> - Make sure I ack and agree with this kind of harsh decision
> - Make sure I confirm the issues reported
> - Make sure any bug report is reported accurately and correctly and if
> it's not, ask the reported to do it better. As I wrote: one bug per
> issue, one issue per bug, and all bugs must be actionable and fixable.
> Perceiving a strongly opinionated attitude in a bug report isn't acceptable.
>
> Finally, and if you have time, try once at least to use Debian +
> OpenStack (I am OK to answer any question you may have and help). For
> someone of your knowledge, it will take only a few hours of your time, I
> believe, and this will give you a good idea of how it works.
>
>> and the risk of inaccurate docs I'd like to review it so we can
>> all move forward.
>
> On each and every release (for the last 3 releases), I've done a full
> review of the doc, and proposed Debian specific patches. This is far
> from perfect, I admit it, but until there's more contributors to the
> Debian doc (like Alex), this is the best I can do. I really believe this
> is better than just no doc at all for Debian users.
>
> Also, I completely fail to see in what way removing the link to the
> Debian doc is an improvement. Could you explain what's the reasoning here?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Thomas Goirand (zigo)

I went to all remaining bug reports made by Matt, and provided an answer
to all of them. On what he wrote, there's only one thing which deserves
fixing: the compute nodes have, by default on Debian, some references to
the external bridge, which makes the OVS agent refuse to start.

All other issues have either been fixed at the packaging level, or are
wrong assumptions from Matt.

So now, could someone explain to me for what reason the Debian guide
link has been removed? Could it be restored ASAP?

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)