[OpenStack-docs] Results from installation of OpenStack on Debian

Tom Fifield tom at openstack.org
Fri Mar 13 07:04:00 UTC 2015

Hi,

Just writing this up in case anyone else was confused by this comment.

On 13/03/15 08:19, Thomas Goirand wrote:
> That is correct. And nova-network is deprecated upstream, and it's been
> YEARS like this. How come the install-guide still talks about it? IMO
> that's a problem that the doc team should work on, not me as a Debian
> package maintainer. I don't plan *ever* to re-add nova-network which has
> been said to be deprecated for like 2 years.

nova-network is not marked as deprecated, and is open for code merge.
There were some improvements added in Juno. nova-network continues to
have significant usage, and serves "simple" use cases particularly well.

Both the nova and neutron teams are currently trying to get to a state
where it can be deprecated, but that is unlikely to occur until Liberty
or later, with a potential removal in M-release or later.

Regards,

Tom