[OpenStack-docs] Newbie request for help - Jenkins merge conflict

Bernd Bausch berndbausch at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 02:04:24 UTC 2015

After submitting a partial fix to an openstackdocstheme bug, Jenkins tells
me that there is a merge conflict (https://review.openstack.org/#/c/160151).
At this point, I am stuck - I don't understand what conflict there is.

First, I have to admit that my experience with git and collaborative
open-source development are close to zero. Also, I didn't quite follow the
instructions at https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Documentation/HowTo; namely,
I failed to create my own branch.

To continue, I need answers to these questions:

- where is detailed information about the conflict?

- how do I continue from here?

- if I need to start from scratch, how do I remove my fix?

And an overarching question:

- should I do this at all, given my inexperience?

  (encouragement welcome :)

Cheers,

Bernd

Bernd Bausch