[OpenStack-docs] italicized python cmds, literal blocks

Karen Bradshaw kbhawkey at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 20:12:34 UTC 2015

Hi.  I have been looking into the use of :: vs .. code-block::
in the newly converted RST guides.  I have found some inconsistencies.
I found that using a root-privileged python executable with the pound sign,
gets
formatted like a python comment (italicized).
If there is output shown after the command
then the cmd and output are not italicized but treated as literal text; the
single colon directive is used in this case.
Using the dollar prompt, everything works as expected (not italicized).
We use the literal block directive, double colon, throughout the RST guides.
One way I found to get around this is to always use the dollar prompt.
Another way is .. code-block::java.  It is a hack, but it generates the
correct
output for the pound sign <python cmd>.
May be someone can shed some light on this problem.
-Karen