[OpenStack-docs] [User Guide] Move Heat Orchestration Template reference to dev docs

Brian Moss kallimachos at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 06:05:42 UTC 2015

On 28 June 2015 at 08:13, Steve Baker <sbaker at redhat.com> wrote:

>  On 26/06/15 17:34, Brian Moss wrote:
>
>   Hi all,
>
>  As per https://bugs.launchpad.net/openstack-manuals/+bug/1461720, we've
> moved the HOT Guide out of the User Guide and over  to the Heat repo (
> http://docs.openstack.org/developer/heat/template_guide/index.html).
> Gauvain raised the good point that the dev doc also contains a template
> reference chapter that duplicates the Heat Orchestration Template Guide (
> http://docs.openstack.org/hot-reference/content/).
>
> Shall we remove this guide from docs.openstack.org as well?
>

>   I would say yes, the resource reference in the heat developer tree is
> already regenerated on every commit.
> http://docs.openstack.org/developer/heat/template_guide/openstack.html

Ok, sounds good.  I've filed a bug:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/openstack-manuals/+bug/1469606.  If anyone has
any concerns about the change, please speak up.

I'm probably not the best person to answer Meg's question regarding Heat
content in the HA Guide.  Steve, do you have an opinion on this as well?

Cheers,

Brian