[OpenStack-docs] Debian install guide: getting it back on docs.openstack.org

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Mon Jun 1 23:27:14 UTC 2015

On 06/01/2015 04:04 PM, Andreas Jaeger wrote:
> Thomas,
>
> Let me first say a few words to the accusations that you write: the docs
> team is still welcoming but if there are repeated requests for a plan
> and nothing comes, what should we do?

Andreas,

This isn't an accusation, that's a fact: under the big tent model, we
welcome everyone. But the doc team kicked my contributions away from the
official doc site when I was not looking. So yeah, that's not welcoming.

I'm basically satisfied with what I have contributed so far, even if of
course it could be perfected. So if you're not satisfied with the Debian
install-guide, please explain why.

> I suggest that the Liberty guide gets converted to RST and Debian gets
> included if there is a strong commitment to maintain it. And that means
> that emails get answered in a timely manner.

Why don't you just let me contribute at the rhythm that I choose, or
rather, when I can have enough free time for it? Why is there an extreme
urgency to reply to your so important emails?

For the past 2 or 3 releases, I've been working on the install guide
after each release. I don't get why it became not acceptable anymore to
work this way.

Also, I'd like to highlight the fact that I do reply to mails sent to
me. It is just that when they reach the openstack-doc folder of my
client, I don't necessarily notice them (as I don't read this list
often). FYI, I'm registered to maybe 30 or 40 lists (mostly Debian and
OpenStack related), and 24 hours isn't enough to read them all. Though
if you ping me on IRC, or send a quick mail to me only, saying I need to
look into the list, I will do so and reply the same day.

Cheers,

Thomas