[OpenStack-docs] checkbuild failure while running tox

Anne Gentle annegentle at justwriteclick.com
Thu Jul 30 21:46:52 UTC 2015

On Thu, Jul 30, 2015 at 4:09 PM, Danny Choi (dannchoi) <dannchoi at cisco.com>
wrote:

>  Hi,
>
>  I fixed a documentation bug and ran tox after the change.
> It failed in check build as follows:
>
>   + BUILD_DIR=firstapp/build-libcloud/html
>
> + sphinx-build -E -W -t libcloud firstapp/source
> firstapp/build-libcloud/html
>
> Making output directory...
>
> *Running Sphinx v1.2.3*
>
> No builder selected, using default: html
>
> *building [html]: *targets for 13 source files that are out of date
>
> *updating environment: *13 added, 0 changed, 0 removed
>
> *reading sources... *[100%] scaling_out
>

> *looking for now-outdated files... *none found
>
> *pickling environment... *done
>
> *checking consistency... *done
>
> *preparing documents... *done
>
> *writing output... *[ 76%] introduction
>

> *Warning, treated as error:*
>
> WARNING: dot command 'dot' cannot be run (needed for graphviz output),
> check the graphviz_dot setting
>

>  ERROR: InvocationError:
> '/home/localadmin/api-site/tools/build-all-rst.sh'
>
> *checkbuild runtests: commands[1] | openstack-doc-test --check-build*
>

>  .
>
> .
>
> .
>
> ________________________________________________________________________________________________
> summary
> _________________________________________________________________________________________________
>
>   checkniceness: commands succeeded
>
>   checksyntax: commands succeeded
>
>   checkdeletions: commands succeeded
>
> ERROR:   checkbuild: commands failed
>
>   checklinks: commands succeeded
>

>  I aslo fail without my change.
>
>  Is this a known issue?
>
>  Can I submit my change with this failure?

I saw that error the other day as well and haven't chased it down because
the bugs I'm fixing (and what you're probably working on also) are not
within the RST builds in the api-site repo.

For any WADL/DocBook changes, that error does not matter. Please do file a
bug though for someone to look into the RST builds in the api-site repo.

>  Thanks,
> Danny

Anne Gentle
Rackspace