[OpenStack-docs] distro-specific commands in guides

Meg McRoberts dreidellhasa at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 21 20:25:39 UTC 2015

One can always say "for example" or something to avoid implying that OpenStack can only bedeployed on the distros that are listed.
+1 for more symlinks.  And, of course, our job is not to teach people how to use the operating system,but the subtle differences between distros can mess people up.  For example, an experienced Debian/Ubuntuperson who is deploying on RHEL/Centos may need a hint when RHEL/Centos does something differently.
Another thought is to put details about, say, differences in "restart" between distros and then link to that wheneverwe include a restart step in a procedure.  I'm not sure of the details here.
I admit that, when I am following a procedure, I tend to glance at the prose then copy-and-paste the command fromthe docs into my shell.  As someone else mentioned, this is probably even more true for people who are less comfortablewith the English language.