[OpenStack-docs] distro-specific commands in guides

Tom Fifield tom at openstack.org
Sun Jul 19 16:26:14 UTC 2015

Hiya,

Indeed a valid question.

Very slightly on the 'include' side here, on the basis of:
1) if someone installing doesn't do the restart, confusing/more
difficult than normal to track down errors could result in some cases
(eg using the SQLIte database instead of MariaDB)
2) Readers with a lower level of English probably a) rely more on the
commands than the text or b) might deal better with explicit instruction
3) in the case multiple services need to be restarted, our more careful
linewrapping of commands compared with text probably makes it harder to
miss a service

Where #1/#3 doesn't come into play, and is a nicety to restart the
service, including a text-based reference seems fine.

On the other hand, I agree that it is a fair assumption that our readers
understand how to do a service restart - this is a fairly basic and
essential sysadmin practice.

Regards,

Tom