[OpenStack-docs] Tox on Docs, Docs on Tox

APlimpton aplimpton at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 22:52:09 UTC 2015

Hi Randy,

Yes, seeing your earlier post about this is what made me think the
instructions might be missing some install instructions (turns out they
were buried further down). I moved them up and tested on Ubuntu and it was
finally able to complete successfully. Hurrah!

What worked (for Ubuntu):
**General prerequisites **
git git-review

**Tox prerequisites **
Ubuntu
sudo apt-get install gcc gettext python-dev libxml2-dev libxslt1-dev
zlib1g-dev

RHEL/CentOS
sudo yum install gcc python-devel libxml2-devel libxslt-devel

then install tox and run the tox commands.

I'm going to test RHEL/CentOS next to confirm but it looks like this list
is shorter for what needs to be installed and gets everything up and
running for the docs.

Thanks being tenacious and finding ways to make things work!
Amanda