[OpenStack-docs] Forking the installation guide for Kilo

Matt Kassawara mkassawara at gmail.com
Fri Jan 30 14:23:06 UTC 2015

I mentioned the keystone chapter as a good place to start because the
issues impact the installation of most if not all other services. Also, I
view the patch as more of an experiment to see if we could integrate Debian
better into the guide without disabling Debconf, impacting installation for
other distros, or reversing much of the effort to reduce kludge in the Juno
cycle. I think your patch accomplishes most of those points fairly well,
but I'm still curious about other chapters.

At this point, almost every other chapter in the Debian variant of the Juno
guide needs similar patches to improve the content and make it consistent.
Furthermore, I anticipate that testing the installation process on Debian
will generate more patches. With the Kilo fork of the installation guide
likely coming within the next month or so, I'm asking the team whether it
makes sense to try fixing the Debian variant in Juno (potentially leaving
the guide in a bad/inconsistent state and making backports difficult) or
waiting until the Kilo cycle when larger changes make more sense.