[OpenStack-docs] Documentation feedback

Anne Gentle annegentle at justwriteclick.com
Tue Jan 27 17:09:12 UTC 2015

Hi all,
I wanted to share this interaction with a potential OpenStack user who
blogged about his team's research into bare metal.

https://www.packet.net/blog/how-we-failed-at-openstack

If you look at the comments, I asked David what types of info would have
helped on their journey, and he said examples would have helped. I know
that we often get the input that "a CLI reference is great but what about
working examples and samples of what you'd see returned." I also think that
more "prereq" info would have helped for his architecture decisions.

I'm sharing so that we all see that docs are used, and that we can always
look for improvements to bring the docs to the next level. Also, I think
our potential users recognize that some projects are "core" to OpenStack
docs.

As we move towards more distributed doc teams, and discuss the governance
of content, I wanted to share that real-world input. Our work matters, and
we'll keep adding to the body of work that is OpenStack.