[OpenStack-docs] Install Guide progress

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Tue Jan 20 21:48:16 UTC 2015

Hi Anne,

Thanks for this message.

I had a quick chat with Alexander, and I've given my word that I'll try
to help him as much as I can. You'll be happy to know that I have kind
of solved my "nova-compute cannot start" issue, which was in fact due to
libvirt not recognizing the very new CPU that I'm using on my CI machine.

On 01/20/2015 04:12 PM, Anne Gentle wrote:
> Hi all,
> Alexander Adamov and I met today to talk about the Install Guide and to
> make sure he can cover the Debian portions in addition to Thomas Goirand. :)
>
> Next steps:
> - Alexander to get a working Debian install. This will take a few weeks
> as he's also getting his own Networking (neutron) test lab up and
> running also, but he's going to report back on his progress at next
> week's Doc Team meeting (1/28/15).
>
> - There are about six Debian doc bugs, I've triaged one or two,
> Alexander will look at them while getting the test lab set up. We'll use
> "debian7" as the tag for those bugs and triage further.

How do I list the bugs?

FYI, Juno is the last release of OpenStack for which I'm maintaining
support for a backport to Debian 7 (aka Wheezy), while there's already
Juno in Debian Experimental (which provides a kind of support for
Jessie, if you consider that Sid is kind of frozen before the release,
these days). The Kilo release will be on top of Jessie only (which I
already started to do).

Also, I intend to use Mirantis CDN as the Debian repository for
OpenStack backports.

> - Anne to review https://review.openstack.org/#/c/147296/ where Thomas
> offers more explanation for what the debian install instructions do to
> see if there's a way to get fewer "procedure"-level conditionals.

On that one, I tried to put back the "create users and tenant" section,
but I didn't found out where was the condition. Could you help?

Once the section is back, we should add back the creation of the demo
tenant and user, while removing the admin one which is automatically
created by the Keystone package itself. I believe Matthew wants this in
a single patch (which I can agree with).

Cheers,

Thomas