[OpenStack-docs] Havana fixes. No go, right?

Christian Berendt berendt at b1-systems.de
Tue Jan 20 12:06:43 UTC 2015

On 12/24/2014 03:32 PM, Tom Fifield wrote:
> Oh, I'm all for marking old docs as unmaintained :)

This is a good point. At the moment the Havana documents are marked with
"Havana Havana ..". There is no note that those guides are deprecated.
Not inside the documents itself and not on the index page
(http://docs.openstack.org/havana/).

* We should add a note on http://docs.openstack.org/havana/ that the
listed documents are deprecated.

* We should change "Havana Havana .." to "Havana Unmaintained Havana .."
for unmaintained docments.

* We should mark release independent documents on
http://docs.openstack.org. At the moment the documents are mixed. For
example there are release dependent and release independent documents
linked in the "Configure and run OpenStack" and in the "Use OpenStack"
sections. This is confusing.

* Maybe we should introduce the URL http://docs.openstack.org/latest/
pointing to the latest release documents
(http://docs.openstack.org/juno/ at the moment).

Christian.

--
Christian Berendt