[OpenStack-docs] Usage of external resources in openstackdocstheme

Christian Berendt christian at berendt.io
Wed Feb 18 08:43:24 UTC 2015

On 02/17/2015 02:13 PM, Anne Gentle wrote:
> Sure, though not using a CDN could slow down performance. Would
> Rackspace CDN be acceptable here?

The point is not that I think MaxCDN or Google are not realiable. The
point is that I think it is better to not use a CDN to be able to use
the generated documents based on openstackdocstheme without an active
internet connection. At the moment the generated documents are depending
on an active connection and are looking different when there is no
active connection.

I would propose to add a parameter to the theme (True by default) to
control the usage of CDNs. If the parameter (e.g. use_cdn) is False
local files will be used, if the parameter is True files on CDNs will be
used. This way we can also load the Bootstrap and jQuery files from CNDs
when publish the generated documents on d.o.o.

Christian.