[OpenStack-docs] process for adding content for new platform systemz?

Anne Gentle annegentle at justwriteclick.com
Tue Feb 3 14:30:40 UTC 2015

On Tue, Feb 3, 2015 at 5:57 AM, Markus Zoeller <mzoeller at de.ibm.com> wrote:

> Thanks Matt, Andreas and Anne. A few comments left from my side:
>
> Anne Gentle <annegentle at justwriteclick.com> wrote on 01/31/2015 05:18:42
> PM:
> > From: Anne Gentle <annegentle at justwriteclick.com>
> > [...]
> > Thanks for asking! No need for a blueprint, unless you wanted to push
> > the idea of multiple hardware types in the install guide, and I don't
> > suggest it. :) The Cloud Admin Guide and Configuration Guide are the
> > right places for this info.
>
> Alright, thanks, I will have a look at them.
>
> > > Q: When we discover additional changes in the next weeks, should we
> > >    simply just add them chunk by chunk?
> >
> > We prefer smaller patches than one huge one ;)
>
> What are the deadlines I have to consider?

For the Cloud Administrator Guide at
http://docs.openstack.org/admin-guide-cloud/content/ merged patches are
immediately published to the site. So if this feature is not available
until Kilo is released, you can create the patch but it won't merge until
April.

For the Configuration Reference, you can auto-generate the configuration
tables and create a patch, and it can be merged since that is being
published to /trunk/ and will have a branch release in April.

So, you can certainly start working on patches now.

Anne

> > Yes, much easier on the reviewers. :) Also, do you expect to have
> > hardware available for testing (by reviewers) or are you testing the
> > docs yourselves? Testing is the most difficult and time consuming so
> > hopefully you can take that on.
>
> I assume it would make sense that we as an author of a patchset
> test it by ourselves. It wouldn't make sense to expect from the
> reviewers to buy a system z for that, although our sales team would
> be very happy ;)
>

> Regards,
> Markus Zoeller
> IRC: markus_z