[OpenStack-docs] [install] Debian guide needs testers

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Fri Dec 4 10:32:12 UTC 2015

On 12/03/2015 04:16 PM, Matt Kassawara wrote:
> Ran into a blocker trying to install the first OpenStack package
> (keystone)... last item in the etherpad [1]. Can any of the Debian
> contributors help?
>
> [1] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/installguide-debian-liberty

Sure!

The problem is that jessie-backports still has Kilo. I can't upload
Liberty, because not all of it has migrated to Debian testing. It is
blocked by python-repoze.who (which is a dependency of python-saml2,
itself needed by Keystone), because python-repoze.what depends on a
version lower than 2.x (which I uploaded in Sid). So I asked for the
removal of python-repoze.{what,what-plugins,who-plugings}, but this
hasn't been addressed by the FTP masters yet. Until this is solved, the
only options that there are:

1/ Use Debian Sid
2/ Use the private non-official repository of Liberty (which is just a
rebuild of the packages in Sid, for Jessie):
deb http://liberty-jessie.pkgs.mirantis.com/debian
jessie-liberty-backports main
deb-src http://liberty-jessie.pkgs.mirantis.com/debian
jessie-liberty-backports main
deb http://liberty-jessie.pkgs.mirantis.com/debian
jessie-liberty-backports-nochange main
deb-src http://liberty-jessie.pkgs.mirantis.com/debian
jessie-liberty-backports-nochange main

I don't really like recommending something which isn't an official
Debian repo though, but no choice right now... :(

This is only a temporary issue though, and I hope for it to be solved
very soon. So let's not edit the install-guide, and wait for it to be
resolved in Debian.

Also, how do you think we should handle the fact that we need -t
jessie-backports on all apt commands? Should I add a section/chapter in
the doc about it, to explain this to our users? IMO, it'd be better than
to edit each and every apt commands.

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)