[OpenStack-docs] Usage of custom RST directives

Mariia Zlatkova mzlatkova at mirantis.com
Wed Dec 2 13:21:56 UTC 2015

> At the moment I am not sure if I like it or not. But I think the usage of
> custom RST directives should be discussed on the list and if we decide to
> use custom RST directives they should be documented in the contributor
> guide.

I think it makes sense to add this directive to the Contributor Guide (not
to copy and paste files to the repository and then update them manually).

Maria

On Wed, Dec 2, 2015 at 2:45 PM, Olena Logvinova <ologvinova at mirantis.com>
wrote:

> At the moment I am not sure if I like it or not. But I think the
>> usage of custom RST directives should be discussed on the list and if
>> we decide to use custom RST directives they should be documented in
>> the contributor guide.
>

> I like the way a document looks like if we use this directive - it becomes
> smaller and, therefore, looks nicer. =)
> So I vote for adding this directive to the Contributor Guide conventions.
>
> Thanks
> Olena
>
> On Wed, Dec 2, 2015 at 1:17 PM, Gauvain Pocentek <
> gauvain.pocentek at objectif-libre.com> wrote:
>
>> Le 2015-12-02 11:31, Christian Berendt a écrit :
>>
>>> Hello everybody.
>>>
>>> While reviewing a review request for the new config-rst-guide I saw
>>> the usage of the RST directive "remote-code-block". I never saw this
>>> directive before and after searching for the definition I only found
>>>
>>> https://github.com/openstack/openstack-manuals/blob/master/doc/config-ref-rst/source/ext/remote.py#L19
>>> .
>>>

>> This particular directive tries to reproduce the docbook <xi:include>
>> behaviour, to avoid adding loads of sample file in our tree. I'm guilty of
>> adding it to the config-ref-rst folder.
>>

>>> At the moment I am not sure if I like it or not. But I think the
>>> usage of custom RST directives should be discussed on the list and if
>>> we decide to use custom RST directives they should be documented in
>>> the contributor guide.
>>>

>> Agreed. To be honnest I planned to write to the ML but it just slipped my
>> mind.
>>

>> Gauvain Pocentek
>>
>> Objectif Libre - Infrastructure et Formations Linux
>> http://www.objectif-libre.com

> Best regards,
> Olena Logvinova,
> Technical Writer | Mirantis, Kharkiv | 38, Lenin av., Kharkiv
> ologvinova at mirantis.com | +380950903196

Mariia Zlatkova
Technical Writer | Mirantis, Kharkiv
www.mirantis.com