[OpenStack-docs] [User Guides] August 6 Meeting

Joseph Robinson joseph.robinson at RACKSPACE.COM
Tue Aug 11 03:32:37 UTC 2015

Attendees: Brian Moss, Darren Chan, Joe Robinson

== RST review ==

We've completed checking through the files. As noted last week, All the files are converted.

We are managing some common/ files that remain.

A patch for updating several "TODO" links in currently under review. Another patch addressing a specific common file common/nova_show_usage_statistics.rst .

Look out for an email about this patch: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/205800/2

== Improvements and Restructure ==

We have a range of work items ready to start work on the user guides. The work items encompass smaller, sentence level edits and large, global structure changes between the user, cloud admin, and administrator guides.

To keep track of these changes, and collect any related bugs, we're creating a new wiki page.

The wiki page and the user guide blueprint will also be a page where existing bugs about the user guides can be capture and arranged.

== User Task Matrix ==

We're using a user task matrix - a table of roles, and the tasks associated with them - to help inform and expand on the user guides as we improve them.

At the same time, the OpenStack foundation is running a survey on the job tasks that define an administrator. The results could definitely help inform the development of the docs. The survey is here:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/OpenStackJobAnalysisSurvey

The next meeting is scheduled for August 20: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/User_Guides#Meetings

Best Regards,

Joe Robinson
Information Developer I
Joseph.Robinson at Rackspace.com

Rackspace Hosting Australia PTY LTD a company registered in the state of Victoria, Australia (company registered number ACN 153 275 524) whose registered office is at Level 1, 37 Pitt Street, Sydney, NSW 2000, Australia. Rackspace Hosting Australia PTY LTD privacy policy can be viewed at www.rackspace.com.au/company/legal-privacy-statement.php - This e-mail message may contain confidential or privileged information intended for the recipient. Any dissemination, distribution or copying of the enclosed material is prohibited. If you receive this transmission in error, please notify us immediately by e-mail at abuse at rackspace.com and delete the original message. Your cooperation is appreciated.