[OpenStack-docs] the status of creating volume always stay creating and no volume was create successfully

Bernd Bausch berndbausch at gmail.com
Sat Apr 25 01:28:43 UTC 2015

Resending my message without the attached screenshot.

openstack-docs is about improving the documentation and is not the best
place to ask technical questions. You are better off with resources like
ask.openstack.org or the general openstack mailing list.

Having said that, there are a few simple troubleshooting steps you could
try.

Use the command line tools to analyse the situation. cinder volume-list and
cinder volume-show disk7 might provide more specific information than just
“creating”.

Check if the cinder services are running and reachable. You need at least
scheduler and volume. cinder service-list will show you which services the
controller sees.

See if you find anything in the log files. Start with cinder-api, then
cinder-schedule, then, on the storage nodes, cinder-volume.

Set the debug option in the cinder configuration files, reproduce the
problem and look at the log files again (brace for LOTS of output).

Bernd.