[OpenStack-docs] docs question

Anne Gentle annegentle at justwriteclick.com
Fri Apr 17 18:10:22 UTC 2015

On Fri, Apr 17, 2015 at 12:44 PM, Shilla Saebi <shilla.saebi at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> I would like to know why the service names (ex: neutron, keystone,
> horizon)  are suppose to be lower case in the OpenStack docs? Also, is this
> true for the docs in the other modules and developer docs? Trying to get
> some folks on my team to help out with some doc writing, updating and
> cleanup and this question came up, so I thought this was the best place to
> ask. Thank you!

The thinking here is that the team names were not trademarked nor would
they ever be, so there's no reason to start rules for when to capitalize
and when not to. Too many rules to track.

For simplicity, always lower case the team name, the configuration file
names associated with the project, the folder names, the service names, and
so on. Only worry about capitalization rules when absolutely necessary.
It's even why we use sentence case for titles -- there aren't additional
rules to learn.

Hope this helps you justify the style guidance to the team --
Anne

> Shilla

Anne Gentle
annegentle at justwriteclick.com