[OpenStack-docs] [install-guide] minimal requirements for a proof-of-concept environment

Bernd Bausch berndbausch at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 11:12:02 UTC 2015

Perhaps 512MB is a bit tiny, but I have a reasonable Juno cluster running in
1GB VMs on a 6GB laptop - controller, Neutron network, 2 compute nodes (one
of them 2B), 2 storage nodes. I can boot instances, generate some network
load, attach volumes. The storage is 10GB each or so. Number of CPUs doesn't
matter. I haven't installed Heat, Swift, Ceilometer and other goodies.

I feel the specs should be as low as possible, so that we don't scare off
people who want to learn OpenStack.

If you think proof of concept requires more, why not publish two sets of
recommendations, one for learning, the other for more serious work?