[OpenStack-docs] [install-guide] (not that much) progress with Kilo install on RHEL/Centos 7

Matt Kassawara mkassawara at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 13:46:17 UTC 2015

Bernd,

The glance image-create command in the Kilo version of the installation
guide [1] works using an installation from the proposed/kilo branch. I
can't imagine this changing for the official release.

[1]
http://docs-draft.openstack.org/92/167692/13/gate/gate-openstack-manuals-tox-doc-publish-checkbuild/31c1ab2//publish-docs/trunk/install-guide/install/apt/content/glance-verify.html

Matt

>>> https://copr-be.cloud.fedoraproject.org/results/npmccallum/python-cr
> [...]
>> the demo tenant/user. The guide used to explicitly create this role and
>> later stopped after it caused problems. I think some distributions are
>> using strange configuration options.

>>> Section 3, verify operation
>>>
>>> CONTENT: There is no /etc/keystone/keystone-paste.ini; it's now under
>>> /usr/share/keystone. Not sure yet if this file is supposed to be
>>> modified.
>>> It seems that all the Paste/Deploy files are now under /usr/share.
>>>

>> We can use a different directory for RH.
>>

>>> For now, instead of changing paste.ini I just remove the admin token from
>>> keystone.conf.
>>>

>> This just changes the token to "ADMIN" rather than disabling the method.

>>> Section 4, Glance install and configure
>>>
>>> ugly message when synching DB:
>>> /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/glance/db/sqlalchemy/artifacts.py:20:
>>> DeprecationWarning: The oslo namespace package is deprecated. Please use
>>> oslo_config instead.
>>> Not sure what to do about this.
>>>

>> I haven't seen this on Ubuntu yet. Maybe a packaging problem.

>>> Section 4, Verify operation
>>>
>>> Major problems with glance. I am stuck with problem 3 below.
>>>
>>> Problem 1:
>>>
>>> It turns out that I am using glance API v2, set in the rc files:
>>>
>>>     export OS_IMAGE_API_VERSION=2
>>>
>>> Glance v2 requires a quite different workflow to upload images. Setting
>>> API
>>> version to 1 for the moment.
>>>

>> The python-glanceclient should use version 2, but nova still uses version
>> 1. The command to upload images changes slightly for version 2. Basically,
>> "--is-public True" becomes "--visibility public" for image creation.
>>

>>> Problem 2:
>>> ~~~~~~~~~~
>>>
>>> It turns out glance is not running. api.log says:
>>>
>>>         ERROR glance.common.config [-] Unable to load glance-api-keystone
>>> from configuration file /usr/share/glance/glance-api-dist-paste.ini.
>>>         Got: ImportError('No module named elasticsearch',)
>>>
>>> After pip install elasticsearch, I can start glance.
>>>

>> Packaging.
>>

>>> Still getting a strange warning in api.log:
>>>     2015-04-12 17:42:30.267 6789 WARNING oslo_config.cfg [-] Option
>>> "username" from group "keystone_authtoken" is deprecated. Use option
>>> "username" from group "keystone_authtoken".
>>>

>> This is a side effect of OpenStack deprecating "username" several
>> releases ago and then bringing it back in a different form for Kilo.
>> Upstream problem.
>>

>>> Problem 3:
>>>
>>> Trying to upload an image now fails because of wrong credentials????
>>> Haven't
>>> resolved this yet. Any glance request is rejected with
>>>     # glance image-list
>>>     Invalid OpenStack Identity credentials.
>>>

>> Could be a number of things.
>>

>>> Glance's API log:
>>> 2015-04-12 22:31:03.932 9048 DEBUG keystoneclient.session [-] REQ: curl
>>> keystoneclient.auth.identity.generic.base [-] Discovering versions from