[OpenStack-docs] How to handle Glossary with RST?

Andreas Jaeger aj at suse.com
Sun Apr 12 08:09:15 UTC 2015

Sphinx with RST easily handles a glossary and I suggest the following:

We convert the glossary to RST and then include it as appropriate in our
RST guides.

The glossary continues to exist as both DocBook XML and RST files, any
changes done to one version need to be added to the other one as well.

Reasoning: An automatic conversion from one format into the other is
difficult and error prone, we would lose formatting. The glossary
changes seldom enough that duplication is not a major burden.

If anybody comes up with a create format conversion that keeps
directives, we can always change...

Does this work for you?

If it does, I'll start working on the RST glossary,

    GF: Felix Imendörffer, Jane Smithard, Jennifer Guild, Dilip Upmanyu,
        Graham Norton, HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)