[OpenStack-docs] blueprints, planning, and communications

Anne Gentle annegentle at justwriteclick.com
Mon Apr 6 17:39:56 UTC 2015

Hi all,

You may have read on the openstack-dev list that I don't plan to run for
Docs PTL. [1] So far, Lana Brindley has announced her candidacy. [2] We're
all looking for leadership from specialty teams and individuals. During all
these transitions, we need to over-communicate and maintain trust with each
other. I'm writing to emphasize this need again.

We've had two patches recently that want to put deliverables into
openstack-manuals without a blueprint in place that explains the
justification for the placement. I'm not blaming or shaming here, I just
want to point out what needs to happen going forward.

Please write a spec and link it to a blueprint, get that spec and blueprint
approved before proposing the patch. We need to up our level of
communication now more than ever for a couple of reasons. First,
centralized coordination is especially crucial during the transition period
of a new docs PTL. Second, as the project listings grow, our centralized
resources need to be applied strategically.

I know you all will work hard for this release, for the centralized doc
team needs, and to make sure we all communicate astoundingly well. Let's
not lose momentum going into this high-activity release period.

1. http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2015-April/060677.html
2. http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2015-April/060640.html

--
Anne Gentle