[OpenStack-docs] question on setting scope directive

Laurel Michaels lmichaels at tesora.com
Fri Apr 3 15:53:00 UTC 2015

I originally sent this email to Andreas, and he asked me to post it on the mailing list:

*** original email ***

Hi Andreas,

Thanks for fixing this patch:

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/169002/

A few questions on what was wrong and how you fixed it.

You write:

"There was a scope user_only missing in the file, we need to add these to all files..."

So, I looked in the patch and found:

.. meta::
    :scope: user_only

Hmmm... that was  new to me -- I guess this is something that came into being recently? My previous migration patches didn't have it.

I then looked at the migration info page here:

https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Documentation/Migrate

and noticed that under admin guide it says to add this at the start of every file:

.. meta::
    :scope: admin_only

I guess I should edit that page and add info at the start of the user guide table, saying to set the user_only scope for all user guide files?

Would that be correct?

Thanks again for doing the fix,

Laurel