[OpenStack-docs] AV: Osbash on Windows [training-guides]

Roger Luethi rl at patchworkscience.org
Fri Apr 3 07:48:52 UTC 2015

On Fri, 03 Apr 2015 07:26:38 +0000, Matjaz Pancur wrote:
> Overall, useful video. However, it would be better if the narrative would
> be either read or in the "baloon" or something like that.. I takes too
> long too watch someone type the narrative, typing lab commands is ok
> though. Videos should be as short as possible.

Good point. One alternative is making targetted skipping easy for viewers.
A cheap way is to add something like this to the description on youtube:

0:30 Create batch files for Windows (on Linux or OS X)
1:47 Create basedisk
etc.

That should create clickable links. If you want to get more fancy, you can
use annotations that are shown within (i.e. on top of) the video to skip to
earlier or later steps.

These methods don't require any video editing, they're just metadata added
added once the video is on youtube.

Roger